Blackjack is today’s most popular game, whether on a traditional, land-based casino or online gaming floor. There are several reasons blackjack is so vogue, and they all make perfect sense.
- Blackjack offers a low house edge, and players can drive that house edge even lower against the casino by using basic strategies.
- Most casinos offer comps to incentivize their best blackjack players. These comps can help in balming the sting of unexpected losses.
- Blackjack is neither purely luck-based nor purely skill-balanced. The game is a perfect balance between the two.
All in all, blackjack is a highly entertaining casino game that offers loads of fun and the chance to make a real profit.
Blackjack Winning Streaks
A winning streak in gambling is when a player wins several times in a row. It can be as short as two games or as long as 10 or 15 games. The mathematical probability of winning twice in a row in blackjack is 22.5%, dramatically 10.6%, and four times is 5%. The chances are a measly 0.1%, which should tell you how unlikely that is. Nonetheless, don’t let the math discourage you! Huge winning streaks do happen in blackjack. With good luck and proper strategy, players can go on impressive winning streaks featured in gambling magazines.
The vital thing for a player is to employ proper strategies to make more profitable use of the winning streak. They can take advantage of the wins to raise more money. The following are two easy ways to achieve just that.
The Paroli System
The Paroli system is for the famous French physicist called Blaise Pascal. Those who know their gambling history would also be aware that he invented the roulette wheel, the basis for the viral casino game of roulette. The basic concept of the Paroli system is doubling your bet after each win for a three-game streak and then pulling back to the original stake. Here are steps to using the Paroli system properly during a blackjack winning streak:
- Step 1: Decide on a fixed betting unit. A betting unit is a portion of your bankroll you use as a stake for each bet, ideally 5% of your bankroll. For a $100 bankroll, therefore, your betting unit would be $5.
- Step 2: Bet $5 and win.
- Step 3: Bet $10 and win.
- Step 4: Bet $20 and win.
- Step 5: Return to the original betting unit of $5.
One-Half Increase System
As a concept, the one-half increase system is not too different from the Paroli system. The only difference is the progression formula. For the one-half increase system, the player starts to increase their stake 1.5 times after winning twice in a row. It is, therefore, very much as the name suggests!
- Step 1: Determine a fixed betting unit. It can be 5%, just as with the Paroli system above, meaning a $5 team for a $100 bankroll.
- Step 2: Bet $5 and win.
- Step 3: Bet $5 and win.
- Step 4: Bet $7.5 and win.
- Step 5: Bet $10 and win.
- Step 6: Bet $12.5 and lose.
- Step 7: Return to the original betting unit of $5.
As you can see, there’s a 50% increase in the stake amount for as long as the winning streak continues. If the player loses a bet, they must return to the original betting unit, and the process starts again.