There are dozens of betting markets in football. But Asian Handicap stands a class apart from the rest thanks to its benefits to veterans and fresh punters alike! If you’re not dabbling here already, then, without a doubt, you’re missing big time! But there’s some good news here! If you want, you can start betting Asian Handicap today! It is because the betting market is remarkably uncomplicated and doesn’t take much effort to grasp. So, let’s get started!
Asian Handicap Market – What It Is?
As the name implies, it’s a style of betting that originated from the Asian continent. Predominantly used in games like football, this type of market aims to erase the likelihood of a draw from any game subtly. Asian Handicap gives one team a virtual lead over the other in any competition. By providing one group with this virtual advantage, the possible outcome of that event is effectively reduced to two instead of three. To better understand how this particular betting market works, let’s look at a few practical examples.
Asian Handicap 0.0 Line
Let’s assume that Manchester City is at odds at 1.90 and West Ham at odds at 1.95. If you’re betting $100 on Manchester City in the Asian Handicap 0.0 market, here are the only possible outcomes of such an action.
- If Manchester City wins, you get a payout on the bet.
- If the match ends in a draw, your money is refunded in full.
- If Manchester City loses, you lose the wager.
Asian Handicap 0.25 Line
When betting in this particular case, it means one team has been given a 1/4 goal handicap from the moment they start whistle is blown. Conversely, it means that right from the get-go, the underdogs already have a quarter goal lead. So, assuming Arsenal and Chelsea are meeting here and the former carries odds of 2.00 while the latter has 1.90 if you bet $100 Arsenal to win, here’s what you can expect.
- If Arsenal wins, you walk away with a winning payout.
- If the game ends in a draw, you lose $50, which is half your stake, while the balance is refunded.
- If Chelsea wins, you lose everything you staked.
Merits Of Asian Handicap Market
- It increases your chances of getting a payout by removing the element of a tie from the outcomes you can expect.
- It gives you better odds on the whole.
- It allows you to still wager on your team and beat the favorites.
- It increases the fun and excitement of one-sided games.
Demerits Of Asian Handicap Market
- It’s not uncommon for bookies to place restrictions on its use.
- Your payout here is significantly less.
Like every other betting market, Asian Handicap has its pros and cons. We recommend punters who want to play it safe and don’t mind the minimal payout. If you’re ready to try it out, follow this link to bet on your next football match!